Land of Smiles | How Thailand Got Its Unique Nickname
One of the many things that promote to a country’s tourism is a famous nickname or reference that makes the country stand out in a unique way. The only purpose this serves is to somewhat make the country sound appealing to the rest of the world. And with Thailand famously referred to as the Land of Smiles, no one would blame you if you wanted to give this interesting country a visit. A nickname like that tends to portray beauty and demeanor in just a few simple words, and it just happens to be incredibly effective. Thailand is now known to be one of the most popular and frequently visited countries in the whole world.
The people of Thailand are very welcoming to the millions of tourists and visitors each year. In fact, the country’s tourism is a staple in its macroeconomy. It is so strong and effective that Bangkok, the country’s capital, is the most visited city in the world. Bangkok tourism alone plays a significant role in the country’s overall socioeconomic status. So what is it about Thailand that makes people refer to it as the Land of Smiles? Does it contribute to the country’s tourism? Well, here are a few important facts to consider:
- Mainly promotional. The nickname “Land of Smiles” was originally used as a promotional move. Thai officials put smiling vendors in markets and friendly staff on beaches to attract would-be visitors to the country. Many of these visitors come to witness and experience the country’s incredibly beautiful beaches, high bargain markets, and of course, attractive Thai women.
- A realistic and apt description. Many find Thailand’s nickname to be accurate other than just being a means for a false marketing ploy. When foreigners travel to Thailand, they land with big smiles on their faces. Even the locals smile at the sight of visitors. Most of all, the beautiful beaches will surely leave euphoria in your mind and an optimistic grin on your face.
- Culture. Smiling also seems to be a major staple in Thailand culture. In fact, a smile is not just a “smile” in Thailand. Smiling is used to refer to certain things or to imply a wide spectrum of emotions. They even have different names for their different smiles. And it’s something Thai people keep in mind all of the time.
- Appropriate/inappropriate response. If you have been to Thailand, one thing you will immediately notice is the locals’ incapacity to utter the word “no”, or to shake their head in disapproval. Instead, they smile wryly without muttering a word. This is one more thing that makes Thai people unique and endearing.
- An act of hospitality. Smiling is also another way of welcoming visitors into one’s homes and premises. When a Thai household is expecting guests, they will prepare their best meals and make sure their home is as comfortable as can be. As soon as the guests arrive, they are then greeted with a smile. On a grander scale, tourists from other nations receive smiles from locals as soon as they step foot in Thailand.
Imagine traveling to a foreign city or country and being received with warm, genuine smiles as soon as you enter their vicinity. This act of welcoming is one of the very reasons that so many people adore Thailand and agree with it being referred to as the Land of Smiles. If you wish to visit this beautiful country and meet lovely Thai women along the way, you can sign up with Bangkok Women and get the chance to join a singles vacation where you’ll get to meet single Thai ladies and travel to some of the country’s top tourist destinations!
Newest, beautiful, single women now added for week of Wednesday, 28 February, 2024 - Tuesday, 5 March, 2024
You have to meet the women to marry them! What other international dating site offers you numerous opportunities to do that?